Security has become one of the major concerns in the 21st century.
The evolution in science and technology, human migration, cultural infusion has for instance led to emergence of new crimes that are sophisticated in occurrence and speed globally.
Crimes such as terrorism, cyber crime, burglary and theft among others have taken a completely new dimension thereby becoming a major security concern.
Effective management of these crimes therefore requires a complete paradigm shift in how we approach security. This program therefore intends to provide security guards with knowledge and skills necessary to manage some of the emerging security threats and concerns
The supervisor is the senior member of the field team. S/he is responsible for the well being of junior security team members as well as the completion of the assignment workload and the maintenance of updated report.
The supervisor receives his/her assignments from and reports to the administration:
Personal supervision and management skills, Security personnel selection
- Drills and Physical Training
- Introduction to security industry
- Basic security procedures
- Observation and incident reporting
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Counter Terrorism
- Event Security and Special Assignments
- Crime and Loss Prevention
- Communication and Public Relations
- Integrity and Professionalism in Private Security
- Electronic Security Management
- Legal Aspects of Private Security
Security guards, supervisors and staffs.